With the Tour de Georgia racing through town in just a few weeks, I thought of a few ways to make the event more interesting. Let's face it, professional cycling is about the lamest spectator sport around. Even when Lance Armstrong was involved, there was no reason to watch anything more than the Sports Center highlights.
As a matter of fact, all that spandex actually makes it impossible to watch. So here we go, 5 ways to make the sport more interesting:
5. Drive behind a group of cyclers. Tell them to get out of the way by constantly honking at them and yelling that your wife is in the car giving birth.
4. Dig a huge hole in the ground and cover it with leaves. Placement is key here. Putting it right before the finish line is probably the best spot for this.
3. Every specator gets an airhorn!
2. Reroute the course so it goes into a mountain. Paint the mountain so it looks like a tunnel. Wyle E. Coyote would be so proud!
1. Now, I don't know why this isn't already in the race, but they need some ramps so the bikers could make some sweet jumps. Cyclists would get extra points for style and even more points for crashes!